Radiant barriers are installed in homes — usually in attics — primarily to reduce summer heat gain and reduce cooling costs. The barriers consist of a highly reflective material that reflects radiant heat rather than absorbing it. They don’t, however, reduce heat conduction like thermal insulation materials.
What Are the Benefits?
- Provides energy savings and can help you save money
- Helps your home stay cooler and more comfortable
- Helps improve the efficiency of your air conditioner
- Is bird- and rodent-resistant
- Can be used for residential projects alone or with fiberglass, for higher thermal performance