Providing housing opportunities, community development and neighborhood improvements to all citizens of need.
Housing is a basic human need. Having somewhere to live underlies every person’s health and well-being, and underpins the functioning of society as a whole. Having the security and comfort of a home enables individuals and families to participate in work and community life, to access education and to build supportive networks. Housing helps provide a sense of place, a sense of dignity and a sense of community.
The work of the Housing Authority of St. Mary’s County enhances the lives of people in our community. Its programs contribute to the renewal of community life and the social and economic health of the county.
- Maintaining options for affordable housing in St. Mary’s County
- Expanding Homeownership and Affordable Housing Opportunities
- Revitalizing Neighborhoods
- Preserving Workforce and Affordable Housing
- Building Healthy Community Partnerships
Partners working with HASMC and supporting the community needs of St. Mary’s County cover many areas such as:
- Community Health – Access Health formally known as (HEZ) Health Enterprise Zone; Health Connections
- Private Sector Affordable Housing Preservation
- Early Childhood Education and Child Care – Ready at Five Program
- Housing those in homeless situations – Three Oaks Homeless Shelter
- Housing Veterans
- Homeownership Opportunities
- Housing Rehabilitation
- Neighborhood Improvement and Community Development
- Mental Health Services – Pathways e-psychiatry
- Resident Advisory Board (RAB)